My mom came to visit!!!! I have been so excited for her to get to Florida so I could see her of course, but also so I could show her everything at Disney and all about my life down here! I made dinner reservations and FastPasses a week in advanced so we could get right on my favorite rides. I also bought us cheap rain ponchos (a Florida essential) and gave her a bracelet that matched one that I have. The first day she was here, we went shopping at the outlet mall and got foot massages! We visited almost all of my roommates and then we stayed in the hotel across the street from my apartment complex.
 |
| Our cute ponchos came in handy |
The next day, we went to Hollywood Studios. We needed those ponchos because it was misty/raining all day and we put them on in the car before we even parked! I made a FastPass for Tower of Terror but told her that we didn't have to go on it if she was too scared. She was a good sport and we went on it! She made sad whimpering noises and held my arm through the whole thing. I was crying because I was laughing so hard! We went on Great Movie Ride, which is one of my favorites, and it was a little different from when I first rode it. We also went into almost every shop and checked out the snacks at almost every cart. We got great seats to the Little Mermaid show and we loved it! I heard that it was corny, and I guess it was, but there was a black light which made the neon colored fish so bright. Then we went to a stunt driver show called Lights, Motors, Action and one of my friends works there so I had to watch it. It was a little scary but really to cool to see the behind the scenes of how they film car scenes are filmed for movies. We got some good people-watching in while waiting for our last FastPass and also later while waiting for our dinner reservation. We got right into Toy Story Mania which is a target practice and a ride all in one. I love that ride especially because the building is so themed, it feels like you're a toy too.
 |
| My sweet apartment-mate, Amanda, working at Hollywood Studios |
 |
| Outside of the Toy Story ride. love! |
We had dinner at The 50's Prime Time Cafe and the whole restaurant looked like my Grandma Johnson's house. The entire thing was decorated like a house, there were just many kitchen tables. The waiters and waitresses would tell the guests to eat their vegetables and not put their elbows on the table. I apparently have a tough time keeping my elbows off the table because our waiter made me STAND IN THE CORNER, like timeout, for putting my elbows on the table 3 times. I thought he was kidding and then he made me count out loud and everyone was laughing and staring at me. It was really funny and really embarrassing. We saw a family later in the night and they remembered me as "the lady who stood in the corner." My mom was loving it! She was trying to get pictures and then chatted up with the waiter who sat down in my spot. It was so fun though. The Disney theming is really what I like so much. When we finished eating, we had just enough time to walk over to watch Fantasmic, the fireworks and character show. That was the first time I got to see it and I'm glad it was with my mom! A lot of people say that it's their favorite night show at Disney and I can see why. It was fun to see the characters and how so many movies were apart of the show.
 |
| Some decor at the restaurant |
 |
| Cutie at Prime Time! |
 |
| These last two aren't great pictures, but it's fun to see the characters at the end of the show! |
We had a fabulous time at Hollywood Studios! My mom was the perfect park buddy because we are both down for almost anything. And because neither of us really like Star Wars so we didn't have to spend time on anything Star Wars related. I wish she lived closer so we could have more fun days at Hollywood Studios!
xx
Oh honey what a fun time I had with you! I had the best tour guide ever! Everything was perfect! I loved every part of Disney, but if I had to pick a favorite I would have to say it was the Tower of Terror ride because it was so thrilling and I can't believe I got out of my comfort zone and rode it. Thank goodness you were right beside me though! Haha! I loved meeting all of your friends too sweetie! This trip is one I will remember forever and ever!! And you know how good my memory is, haha! Promise I will remember Lol!
ReplyDelete