Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Last night I went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom! I haven't ever really gotten into Halloween, but Disney has been decorated with pumpkins since the middle of September so it was almost impossible to not be excited. I have wanted to dress up as Wednesday Addams for a few months and it didn't take much effort to get my costume together. My roomie Amanda came to the Halloween party too, and I forced her to dress up. The best costume I could get out of her was a Disney tourist. She looked so cute! Like she was ready for a regular day at the park, even though she thought she looked over the top. Amanda and I went to Magic Kingdom a few hours before the party started and Jalie, another roomie, met us there later. On the bus from the college program housing, a lot of people were going to work and almost everyone except me was in a real Halloween costume. I felt silly at first but then thought it was funny to keep a straight face and really act like Wednesday. Amanda even saw some girl take a picture of me.


I got a special edition card for the Sorcerer's of Magic Kingdom game and people can only get them during the Halloween party. Next we went over to the Peter Pan ride which I have been dying to ride since I got here. I have only heard good things and the wait is always long so that means it must be good! Then we went over to "it's a small world" and that is always fun because it's a classic and every time I go, I find something new. This was Amanda's first time to MK so it was fun to show her things that I like and see her try new things. On the way to the Peter Pan ride we passed a guy eating a huuuuge ice cream cookie sandwich and we both practically drooled on ourselves so we went back and bought some. It was delicious and maybe one of the best desserts I've had here! While we were in line for the cookie, I heard the girl walking past us say that she hardly ever buys food at the parks. And that was one of the craziest things I have ever heard. There are some special things that you can only get at Disney World so why not eat it?! We went on the Buzz Lightyear ride and then met Jalie at the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. We also saw some Monsters characters and they only all come out like that for the party. We then got to meet the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland and she looked a little scary or disproportionate, but it was fun to meet her because, again, this was a special occasion and she doesn't come out often!

Look at this! I had to hold it with two hands to eat!
Mike!
Here she is, the Queen of Hearts
Amanda & Jalie
We stopped at a little food place that sells loaded mac and cheese and I was still so full from the ice cream sandwich. They were selling special souvenir cups that were like a "poison apple"and I got a frozen lemonade in it. It took me about 2 hours to finish it because there was no more room in my stomach. A ton of people asked Jalie (she got one too) and I where they could get the cups because they were so cool!

We found a spot to watch the Boo to You parade which had a bunch of rare characters, zombies and ghosts, and Disney villains! Then we only waited a few minutes to watch the Hocus Pocus show with the Sanderson Sisters and some more villains. The witches were so good and I love that they were included because Hocus Pocus is the perfect Halloween movie and so many people are obsessed with it. After that show, we sat down on the sidewalk which was just packed with people. I was sitting cross legged and a man holding a stroller up stepped over me but landed on my foot and crushed it sideways. It was an accident and I was the one who chose to sit on a busy sidewalk, but it still hurts today. Next up was HalloWishes, the firework show! Magic Kingdom has a firework show every night called Wishes, so this one was a special edition and it was SO COOL! They projected ghosts on the castle and made it orange and there were fireworks all around the park, not just behind the castle.
Boo to You Halloween Parade



Jafar and Maleficent 
The Sanderson sisters!!!!!
More Hocus Pocus




"It's like we were night & day"

Main Street USA 
After all the shows, Amanda and I went to get on some more rides before the night was over! We went to Haunted Mansion, of course, and there was a ghost outside talking to people. I saw the makeup that the cast members were wearing and had to get a picture as Wednesday with one of them. Then we went on to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train which is a new roller coaster and it always has such a long wait, but only 30 minutes when we got in line! It's such a smooth roller coaster and so cute with the songs from Snow White. We stopped by Gaston's Tavern and Amanda NEEDED to get the cinnamon roll that I got a few weeks ago. She loves cinnamon, and desserts, and I don't know how she ate it because I was about to get sick because I was still so full. We then went onto the Little Mermaid ride and I sang along as usual.
Wednesday Addams goes to Haunted Mansion 
Inside Gaston's Tavern
More dessert for Amanda!
We then ended the night on the Dumbo ride! I had never done it before and so it was us three and one other family on and we rode it 3 times in a row! I felt like a little kid. And the view of the castle was really cool especially because the moon was right beside it. When the clock struck midnight, the workers at Dumbo said "Bye! Have a good night!" and we knew that was code for "Get out." We got home around 1 am so I was so happy that I didn't have to work today and got to sleep in! I had a great night as Wednesday Addams and I was so glad that I got the full Disney Halloween experience!





Good night Magic Kingdom

2 comments:

  1. Oh I sure wish we were there to experience Halloween at Magic Kingdom with you and your fun roomies!! The pictures were awesome honey! You looked so good and acted just like Wednesday, but I do have to say, I loved you at the end with a big Disney smile!! And I sure hope your foot is ok! You need to protect those feet at all costs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Paige... You are really having a blast. Halloween at Disney. It really is an amazing place. Awesome costume too and especially because you are so much in character. You look so much like Wednesday. Your pictures really are good too. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful experiences. Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete