My hair is finally long enough to put into a high ponytail/bun! Small victory. I have been in Florida for exactly a month and for the most part everything is going great. I have been in a weird mood lately and even the smallest problems at work have almost ruined my day. A few days ago, I don't know what was going on but guests were rude to me left and right. What usually happens is if I am nice to people, they are nice to me. But that wasn't happening as much as it should have been. I try to have a positive look on the day, which makes everything go smooth, but this past week there were days when I could really say that I hated my job. I don't even like saying that because it really isn't that bad. And most of the time it's fun! Some days are insane though, and I guess this week had more crazy days than most. Someone made fun of "how knowledgable I am for working here" because I didn't know how long it would take her to go through the FastPass line. An older lady stuck out her tongue at me and the same day an annual pass holder told me that he was going to email his friend who is the head of marketing and complain about how inconsistent we are with FastPass entry, which was a lie. I told him to add my name to the email because I knew that I was just doing my job. People are crazy. I am trying to be less sensitive though, so this could be good practice?
My days off on Monday and Tuesday were really fun! Mary Holland, Chelsi and Rachel (Chelsi's roommate) went to the mall, a fun restaurant called Roco's Tacos, and then ended the day at Target.
The next day I planned on going to Magic Kingdom and Chelsi was able to meet me a few hours later. First thing, I met Tinkerbell and then started playing a game called Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom where I get to collect different cards every time I go to the park and check in. I got to see the Festival of Fantasy parade for the first time and it was so good! I sat right in front of the castle and the nicest families sat around me. I scooted over so three little girls could sit front row next to me and we talked about the princesses as they came by in the parade. They asked me if the dragon from Sleeping Beauty was real, and of course I said yes. The only thing I didn't like about the parade was that Princess Aurora was not in it because she's my favorite.
 |
| First row seat |
 |
| Waiting for the parade! |
 |
| She's not flipping off the crowd.. |
 |
| Snow White! |
 |
| Fairies from Sleeping Beauty |
I saw Cinderella's step sisters walk out to meet guests and I ran into line to meet them. I was so excited and if anything makes me feel like a kid, it's meeting characters. Chelsi met me just in time to get a picture with them too. They were so funny and spent a good amount of time with each guest. I asked them where Cinderella was and they told me to stop asking dumb questions. Loved it!
I had never been to Gaston's Tavern in the Beauty and the Beast themed part of MK and that was one of the main things on my agenda for the day! I got the specialty drink "LeFou's Brew", frozen apple juice with mango and something else) and a cinnamon roll.

 |
|
We went onto the Little Mermaid ride and sang through the whole thing. Chelsi loves Stitch so we went onto the Stitch ride and then to Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor! It was like a comedy show where the characters from Monster's Inc. talk to the audience and tell jokes. It was my first time doing that and it's now one of my favorites. Then we had some bad luck with rides. Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain were both down for technical difficulties. But since we both work in attractions, we were pretty understanding. We wanted to do one more ride, so we ended the day with a classic, the teacups. Right before we got on, it also had technical difficulties. We only had to wait a few minutes and it was back up. So we ended with some good luck. The park closed early because there was a Halloween Party and it was open for guests with a special ticket. As we were walking out, we saw so many cool costumes! People went all out for the party.




I had a couple great days off which lead to some stressful days of work. I'm working on making this next week as enjoyable as possible because I have several very long shifts. Tomorrow is my Friday! And I would like to end this work week on a positive note. Fingers crossed!
xx
Oh honey never a dull moment at work! I do pray that this next week is better. When you work with the public, anything goes and when you think you've seen it all.......well think again! I am glad you aren't letting people get you down. People will continue to disappoint you, but remember the ones that are truly sincere and happy that you are keeping them safe at Space ship Earth! I love all the pictures you posted and am glad you got to spend a fun day off with Chelsi and her roommate! And last but not least... I am happy your hair is growing!!! Love you!
ReplyDelete