 |
| Epcot! |
After our Hollywood Studios adventure, my mom and I spent the whole next day at my home, Epcot! The first thing we did was ride Spaceship Earth (of course) and met some of my friends. Not everyone I wanted my mom to meet was there yet, so we had to come back again later. Next we went onto Soarin' which is one of my favorite rides at Epcot. You feel like you're flying all over California complete with the aroma of oranges and the beach. I think my mom liked it! Living with the Land is a boat ride that goes through Epcot's green house and I have been wanting to ride it for a while. They grow plants using a very "green" approach and uses the produce in the Garden Grill which is right next door. Then, we went onto Universe of Energy which is a show that Ellen DeGeneres is the spokeswoman for and it was recorded in 1996 and it was funny, but really outdated. WE LOVE ELLEN so we didn't care that it was almost 20 years old. I remember going on that ride the first time I came to Epcot when I was 11so it was kind of cool that it hasn't changed since then. Then we went onto Test Track and did some shopping at the huge merchandise shop called Mouse Gears. Below is the very good looking car that my mom created in the design lab at Test Track.

 |
| Living with the Land greenhouse |
We got a snack, some popcorn and an ice cream Mickey bar, and went through the VIP entrance to Spaceship Earth and rode the ride again. The first time I took her on there, I didn't really talk through it because I wanted her to get the real experience, but the second time, I showed her where all the hidden Mickeys are and pointed out some emergency exits. We finally found everyone that I really wanted to meet my mom and of course they loved her! Someone said that she was famous that day and everyone wanted to say hi to her.
 |
| Spaceship Earth takes your picture, and shows you your future! Apparently, we will have a flying car some day. |
We had dinner reservations at a fancy restaurant in France, so we made our way to the World Showcase. There are 11 countries around a small lake in Epcot and it is a 1.2 mile walk all the way around the circle. We looked at most of the items on the menus for the Food and Wine festival, but saved our appetite for our reservation. I did get a grapefruit beer from the South Korea booth though and it was delicious. As we were walking by China, a show was about to start, so we found a front row seat and watched the acrobats. It was scary watching them flip in the air and hold each other up, but it was really fun to watch! And we got lucky that we were able to sit in the front. We walked by Snow White on our way through Germany and then got to listen to a few songs from Smash Mouth who was there performing. We made it to France about a half an hour early so we went through some shops and then sat and people watched. Cinderella was in the garden by the bridge and it was fun to watch people meet her too. Our meal was delicious and it felt like we were close to being in France again! There was a chalk board on the wall with numbers on it, written just like it would be in Paris. I got the best ice cream I have ever had (coconut and white chocolate chip) and we made our way to exit the park before the big rush.

I loved showing my mom everything about Epcot because that is where I am almost every day! She met my two Disney best friends, Chelsi and Mary Holland, and was finally able to ride Spaceship Earth. We always have fun together but Disney World was especially a good time.
Oh wonderful part 2 Paige! I sure enjoyed your second home, Spaceship Earth and absolutely loved meeting all of your co workers and seeing behind the scenes. I sure felt special having you as my tour guide. It was a fabulous day and hey, it didn't rain on us! Love you sweetie!!
ReplyDelete