Saturday, August 22, 2015

First Day of Training

Today was Operations Training day. Which was training for any cast member who has a role that will ever interact with a guest. We watched training videos and had discussion in a building on Disney property and all the decorations were so pretty and themed. There were clay figures of the Seven Dwarfs in a glass case that were used when they were creating Snow White. A fun piece of Disney art and history.
In my Operations group, I sat with Will who is from Alabama. He was in my Traditions and went to Magic Kingdom with the group the night before. I was so exhausted from only 3 hours of sleep and I was loading up on caffeine. The facilitators were both really nice and tried to make it fun. We learned how to pick up a box without hurting our joints and how to pick up trash.... Not the most exciting info, but I understand why it is part of training. After lunch we broke into groups that were more specific to our roles. I went with the group of "park operations" so that included anyone attractions like me, custodial, transportation, etc. We talked more about how to interact with guests and  how each of us can really make an impact on someone's trip to Disney. I have so much respect for this company and love how everything they do has the cast members and guests in mind. Even though I was really tired, I had fun. How could I not when there is a Seven Dwarfs sculpture in the hallway? I am so excited and feel so lucky to be a part of a great team!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good first day of training despite the exhaustion! Thank God for caffeine! Haha! I sure have respect for Disney too! I mean they hired you sweet daughter!! 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. You make the experience much better. I have been so turned around there. A team member always has an answer and if they don't know they find out for you. Training is the key to success in any business. I am so happy you are enjoying it. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete