Today I was scheduled to go to casting to fill out some paperwork and get a background check so they know that I am who I say I am. A drug test yesterday, a background check today, it seems like they think I'm a criminal lol. But I am glad that they are so thorough! The "tour guide" on the bus to casting was really funny. Her presentation started out with
this song and then she walked us through what we would be doing once we got there. She asked some trivia questions and I found out that Buzz Lightyear was originally named Lunar Larry. Fun fact. I also met someone who will be "friends with Goofy" and everyone who he told, including me, was really excited for him. The door knobs on the casting building were from Alice in Wonderland.
This building was filled with offices where they do serious stuff like background checks, but was covered with little Disney details everywhere! Everyone there was so nice and very helpful. I met someone who was an original Jungle Cruise Skipper and he has been a part of Disney since the day that Magic Kingdom opened in 1971.
I met some people on the bus that were just huge Disney fans, and not only knew everything about the parks, but also about the College Program. I felt kind of unprepared because I am just going with the flow. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney, but I really don't know how they know every little detail of what to expect, like they had already done it before. I don't know. I shouldn't compare myself to other people, and just because I don't know the in's and out's of the program yet, doesn't mean that I won't have a great experience! I'm excited to learn as I go.
Tonight, my roommates and I went to Downtown Disney just to walk around and check it out. There were tons of people there even late at night. We saw the Lego store and outside there were big Disney scenes, like from Snow White, made out of Legos and it was just so cute! We also stopped at the Ghiradelli store and I got this delicious milk shake with warm hot fudge.
 |
| Jalie, me, Amanda, Marcie, & Melanie (who I share my actual room with). We were just missing Leanne tonight! |
 |
| It was even more delicious than it looks! |
Tomorrow is my housing meeting and then I have Traditions on Friday! That is the most exciting orientation day where I will get my name tag and really start to be a Disney Cast Member.
What a fun second day sweetie!! Glad you got to check out the town! You and your roommates are adorable! Love you!!
ReplyDelete