I can't believe I'm at Disney! But holy bejesus, a lot happened today. My assigned check in time was 7:45-8:45, so Aunt Debi and I left her house this morning at 7 which gave us plenty of time in case we got stuck in traffic. I woke up at 4 am though. I think I'm messed up from the red eye flight I took over here plus jet lagged. Check in was at Vista Way, which is also where I will be living, and I waited in a long line with a bunch of other people in the program. It was fun to hear where people are from and what role they were placed in. At that point, no one really had any idea where they'd be living, who their roommates were, or where they'd be working, so we were all in the same boat. The girl standing in front of me in line had a Little Mermaid backpack on. As the line moved, we went through an assembly line filling out forms and getting our room assignments and our role placements. I will be in Epcot in Future World! I have only been to Epcot once when I was little, and I loved it. I can't believe that I will be there several times a week!! I am so thankful that Debi lives so close because not only did she drop me off this morning and took me to lunch, but she came back later after her boys were out of school and took me grocery shopping. We found out that there are no minors allowed past the gates after 7, so the boys had to wait by security while we drove in and dropped of my bags. I'm not sure why that is a rule, but I'm sure I'll find out at my housing meeting on Wednesday.
Because my role is in attractions, I was required to take a drug test today, and I met several other people who are also in attractions. Some of the girls that I met were telling me how their apartment has some water damage. Vista has 40 buildings and I found out that some of them were recently re-done, and I am living in one of the nicer ones! Those two girls I met were not so lucky. I have totally lucked out today with my roommates, apartment, and role placement. I am slowly getting used to the humidity and random monsoons in Florida, but if that was the worst part of my day, then I'm doing pretty good! It was a great start to the program and I can't wait to find out more about Future World!
Oh honey I love your first post on your blog! What an amazing first day for you! Love you and miss you! Can't wait to read more and see pictures!! 😘
ReplyDeleteI am really enjoying your blog Paige. I tried to post this day and couldn't do it. Our rain is crazy here,thunder and lightening is wicked. But after it stops ,all that water just disappears. It's amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are having an amazing experience!!!
Hugs!