Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Hollywood Studios

On our day off, Mary Holland and I went to Hollywood Studios! We missed the exit on the way there, but has a lot of fun once we finally found it. I had never been there before so MH was kind of like my tour guide for the day. We went on Great Movie Ride and it was so cool. Slow moving ride that had show scenes of classic movies. We went through "The Wizard of Oz" which is one of my favorite movies ever. That might be my new favorite ride! I love doing something at Disney because I get to be a guest again.
Great Movie Ride!
Next we went on Rockin Rollercoaster and Aerosmith stuff was everywhere. The cars were a stretch limo and it took off really fast. Then we went on Tower of Terror and made some friends in line. Everything was so themed and detailed, it was so cool! The cast members were all really into character which made it even more fun.
Rockin Rollercoaster





After the ride we found a stand selling raspberry coladas and since MH isn't 21, she had a frozen lemonade. Both were delish! While we finished our drinks, we watched a group of "directors" find random people on the street that they confused for celebrities and interviewed them! They even met BeyoncĂ© and Jay Z and asked the power couple about their new song that's coming out. The guests went along with it and of course loved being told they looked like celebrities.  There are also "people of Hollywood" all over Hollywood Studios that are straight out of the 40s and 50s. Everything is so themed and that's why it's my new favorite park!


We saw the Beauty and the Beast show and honestly, I thought it was kind of corny. It was a shortened version of the movie and they had all the great songs in there, but I guess I was just expecting more. It was fun to see Mrs. Pots and Gaston though. On the way to the Toy Story ride, we went to the little Walt Disney museum. They had a bunch of history about the program and also models of many of the icons of the parks. MH posed next to the Spaceship Earth sphere, our home! 




MH and mini Spaceship Earth

Sleeping Beauty's castle in Disneyland Paris :)
We ate at Pizza Planet (from Toy Story) and then went on the Toy Story ride. I loved it! I see why the line is always so long. We took a selfie with the green army man from Toy Story and he blew a kiss to Mary Holland when we left. We had a really good day at Hollywood studios! I am excited to go back soon and do the Great Movie Ride again and  maybe get another raspberry colada.



That night, we went to a Disney Cruise Night at a housing complex that was just for DCP's. We got snacks, there was a DJ and everyone got a little sailor hat. I met up with some friends and we danced til the DJ left. It was so hot and humid, even at 10 at night. I had such a good day off! Mary Holland and Chelsi made it even better! 




1 comment:

  1. Oh Paige what a fun day off you had! I have never been to Hollywood Studios either! I can't wait to meet Mary Holland and Chelsi too! I will need a vacation from my vacation when I get home I think. Haha! Love you!

    ReplyDelete